Hi! I am so excited and nervous – all at the same time. Never in my wildest dreams had I imagined that this would happen one day. I got nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Ali over at – “In the Lost and Found“. She is an amazing person and puts an insane amount of effort into her posts. 💞
A sidenote: I am head over heels for her website ’cause it’s gorgeous. Love your theme and ideas.💖
Thank you for tagging me. This is my first tag from fellow bookworms, and it means a lot to me.💃
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH YOUR BLOG TITLE?
As expected, I had googled – “Catchy names for a Book Blog” but I didn’t come up with anything that uncommon or something that I personally like. I stumbled across this idea – a non-fiction journal, which is basically journaling about life, and hence I got this idea -“The Fictional Journal.”
2. IF YOU COULD HAVE A SEQUEL AND/OR PREQUEL TO ANY BOOK, WHAT BOOK WOULD IT BE?
I would really like a sequel to the Throne of Glass series. Just a ten years later – happily ever after sort of thing, that would be so fun and heartwarming.
3. WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO WHILE YOU READ, OR DO YOU PREFER SILENCE?
I really prefer the silence….but at times I don’t mind the noise. I kinda like the background buzz sometimes. I enjoy a quiet day where I can just read, sit upon the clouds floating above, and travel to another world.
4. WHICH BOOK CHARACTER WOULD YOU WANT TO BE YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Of course, Kenji Kishimoto from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I think that he is an amazing person – lively, crazy, funny and above all a reall really good friend.
“I’m here for you kid. That’s what friends are for.”
“Hey, um, I’m sorry to bother you, but I’m looking for a friend of mine,” he says. “Have you seen her? She’s a tiny little thing, cries a lot, spends too much time with her feelings-“
“Shut up, Kenji!”
“Oh wait!” he says. “It is you.”
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE OR TV SHOW ADAPTATION?
I don’t watch TV shows, except for kdramas. So, favorite book to movie adaptation would be -Prisoner of Azkaban (obviously!).
6. WHAT THREE BOOKS ENCOMPASS WHO YOU ARE?
I think each and every book that we read encompasses who we truly are, because for every story that we read we learn something and we take something from it, and sometimes even give a part of ourselves to it. For me the THREE books are:-
The Twins at St. Clare’s by Enid Blyton – This is the book that got me into reading once again, after I had left reading. I learnt a lot from it, and I still do.
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson – I don’t know why…..but it just does. Time and again, I keep returning to this book and find new meaning to it, find something that I had missed yet again, and something to fall in love with all over again.
The Throne of Glass series – There is something about this story that really calls to me. I feel ….I don’t know….like kind of FOUND. I don’t think I can explain this feeling, but it brought me a lot of joy and happiness.
7. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK AS A CHILD?
The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. I owe this book literally everything because it made me believe in magic! I think this was one of my very first fantasy novels. This book is just amazing! I still read it at times and it makes laugh like a person on crack.
8. WHAT DO YOU LIKE DOING IN YOUR FREE TIME OTHER THAN READING?
Well, if you have read the previous answers, you must have realised that I am a very boring person. There’s are not many things that I can do in my free time – like saving the world and training to be an assassin. So, what I do is – listen to music, write some stuff, play the guitar and take pictures for my bookstagram account and of course, write this blog. (Check out my bookstagram account – I started it pretty soon and I am not very good at it -but I really enjoy it. @the_fictional_journal)
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC ALBUM? IF YOU DON’T HAVE ONE, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG?
It keeps changing but currently it is Folklore by Taylor Swift!
10. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST BOOKISH BLOG ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR?
I started this blog, expecting literally nothing in return. I didn’t even expect to even get a single follower except for my mother and best friend – so I totally freaked out when one fine morning I woke up to find a hundred followers. I would really like to thank each and every one of you who liked my posts, read them, commented on them and followed it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. It means a lot to me. Every single like, comment, view and follow brings a smile to my face. If I had had a bad day, reading a simple comment comprising just three words – makes my day. I am very grateful to have around 180 BOOKISH FRIENDS!!
(ps – for the first time in my life, I feel like I have done something really cool)
11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE POST YOU HAVE WRITTEN SO FAR?
This is one of those times when you suddenly get a wave of creativity at 3.30 AM, when you obviously have a lot of important things to do, but you must write it down. I am really happy about this one because, it’s the sort of thing that I would like to read and also because it’s very different from my usual book talks and stuff.😋
Thankx Ali for tagging me! It has been a wonderful experience.
I am nominating the following people, but if you have already been tagged then no worries.😊
- Mayeesha|| Head Over Books
- rachlj|| The Black Book Blog
- Stormy Reads YA
- Madeline @ The Bookish Mutant
- Marianna @ Marianna’s corner
- Url Phantomhive
- Dae||Pink Lips and Books
- Kunal Kajal||Gust Of Thoughts
- J ||The Midnight Book Blog
- Can you tell me an interesting back story as to why you read a book?
- Which three books encompass who you are?
- When did you first start reading and what was your first book?
- What is your favorite thing about this community?
- What’s your favorite post you have written so far? (link it below)
- Is there any book that you absolutely hate, but still have on your shelf?
- In general, do you think books are better or worse now than they used to be?
- If you ever write a book – what would be the genre and the title?
- If you owned a bookshop, what would you call it?
- Has a book ever made you ugly cry?
- Recommend your favorite book to me. 📖
UNTIL NEXT TIME!