An award tag!! Thank you soo much to @itskooreviews, for keeping me in mind while tagging bloggers! This is my first time doing this tag, and I really had a hard time writing this one XD. The questions are pretty simple, but they were something I hadn’t thought about. It really got me thinking. I hope you enjoy!
*i don’t know if there is an official logo for this award. so, i made this for myself. if anyone knows about any logo, let me know please!*
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
HOW MY BLOG STARTED
Well, there isn’t any big back story to it. *nervous laughter* I am what people like to call “accidental blogger.” Sitting at home, reading books and listening to music, or playing the guitar pretty much sums up what I do when I have nothing to do, by which I mean studies. And I used to watch a lot of Booktube videos, and that really annoyed me because they were having a good time talking about books and doing something they liked, while I could never talk about it with ANYONE. I was sick of waiting for my friends to actually get to a book that they borrowed from me, or even just asking people to read something, just so I could talk about it, but all I got was judgmental looks. And I realized that I was the only person holding myself back from having a good time, and so I decided to make a judgement free zone for myself and stop depending on others to give it to me. And that’s how all of this started, and there is not another decision in my life that I am more proud of.
TWO PIECES OF ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS
I feel really weird giving any advice because (a) I have been here for less than a year, and I am not that experienced, and (b) I am in no way qualified to give advice to people, because I feel like things work differently for different people, and you can only figure it out yourself. No amount of advice is going to help you. But, nonetheless, I hope these help!
So my advices are:-
- Don’t feel pressured by other people to alter your content. Your content should always be you, and so when someone reads it, they know that it is by you! Find your own voice and then use it. Don’t ..don’t copy others. Recently, I have been seeing soo many people commenting all around the blogosphere, that their content has been copied and there aren’t any credits. Just so you know guys, it’s okay to be inspired by someone. It’s okay to want to do something like someone else, but stealing someone’s words or voice….that’s just not right. It won’t do you any good. And of course people will forget with time, but if you keep borrowing from other people’s voice, what will happen to yours?
- And my second advice is that have a lot of fun while you are at this. I see so many people suffer because of negativity and trolls and self-doubt and too ambitious goals, but I am so so lucky to have found this community which is filled with soo much positivity and love! It’s okay to be shy! But you know what? Reach out! Talk to people! Get to know them! And you will find yourself a whole new accepting world, and probably friends that will last forever, because I know I have. And for me, blogging wouldn’t be what it is without them. And don’t worry about numbers! Don’t even look at them if it bothers you that much, because believe it or not, this is actually one of the first communities that I have come across that doesn’t judge people by their number of followers or views or whatever.
That was an incredibly short post. hehe. Just so you, everything here is my personal opinion and I don’t mean to offend anybody. I hope you enjoyed reading this and let me know about YOUR blogging journey! I would love to know your stories! Thank you to @itskooreviews once again for tagging me!